Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Drama continues...

The goddamn drama before the trip starts again. Or did already last week.
We're taking off to Thailand on Saturday and just like last summer, its a fucking nerv-wrecking experience. Last time Bella had a potential ear infection, not really a proper one but still on its way. We got some antibiotics for it and hoped for the best. The flight time is around 10hours so, theres a VERY good chance for a disastrous 10h with a screaming kid with exploded eardrums. She also had fever and a proper cough, jeez. Then Sandra got kidney stone!! We had to wait till the last two days if she was allowed to fly. Anyways, that turned out just fine.
SO, last week Bella started coughing and hitting fever, as expected. I was almost pleased that it happened so soon, you know, a week to go, no probs. Ive been coughing and sneezing for 6 weeks now, but thats cool, doesnt seem to get worse. Or better for that matter.
Its five days to go and LOTS to take care of so Sandra gets the fever. Not the traveling one. Damn.
I was changin money today and it turned out we have to order it in advance!!! So much people going to Thailand that they just keep on running out. But still got time to get it before the trip, nice.
Went to get Oliver from the daycare today and hit the curb just a bit too hard. And did I not get a flat tire, shit. Had to carry Bella home and walk with Oliver. Thank God its nearby.
Minutes after we got home Oliver starts to throw-up like crazy. He said he ate too much. Right. 3 hours later he's at it again. Fuck! I was thinking. You just dont put a kid with a stomach flu into an airplane. But it seems like it was some bug or something, he's been ok for hours now. We'll see.
Still many days for stuff to happen. VERY stressful.

Whatelse.. Yeah, I started a sketchbook. Inspired by my buddy Emil I thought to give it a go. I mean, Ive had skethbooks before, but this one's for fast ones only. My problem is I always end up spending too much time on my sketches, turning them into drawings. Then noticing I should have moved on long time ago. Waste of time. You have to learn to get the lines right, the basics. Know the shapes, says Nick the Pick. And thats absolutely true. It doesnt matter how frigging nice the colouring and the shadings are if the shapes arent right. Period.
I have to take a few pics of the pages, its too big to be scanned, then I'll post some.

Ok, gotta hit the sheets. Here's the last piece I did a few weeks ago. An old graff dude gave me free hands with the 75, so I skipped the stencil and sketched it straight on the leg.
Laters!

No comments: