Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Hothot...

Whoo, its still REALLY hard not to be overwhelmed by the heat. The pool temperature is nice and freshing 30 degrees, so the air.. its hard to say, because I havent seen a single celsius/fahrenheit meter here. The locals just hate the heat and wear these weird hoods with only small holes for eyes and mouth. Kids think theyre scary. Me too.

Btw, the thaiboxer wasnt at home and the thai directions I got from the mama would have prolly taken me to Burma. Then again, the Burma border goes on the mountains that are about 30km away. We're at the narrowes part of Thailand.

The ocean is WAY warmer than the pool, around 34-35 degrees, so thats not too refreshing either. But its nice! Dont get me wrong. I guess it takess about a week for the body to acclimatize, but its still gonna be sweaty. Scandinavian summer is gonna feel like winter after this..
My cold is pretty much gone, but now Sandra has fever and a sore throat. No rest for the wicked.

Oh yeah, we gotta a new ride! A scooter with a side carrier(?), scary but very handy. Its only Hasse driving/riding that thing, too freaky for me. When you accelarate it goes fine, but when you let the gas go the side carridge(?) tries to go pass the scooter. Like somebody hits the gass on that one. Its hard work keeping that thing on the road, so Hasse is the only one to even try.
Now were hitting the road to a some sort of market place. Maybe find some nice flipflops.
Laters!

1 comment:

KARIN said...

hi saku

yes, today i found you. Here in the blogworld.. I read it all at once, not that it was a whole book, but im happy to see what u guys r up to. :)
I had no idea that sandra has been ill aswell. I hope she is feeling better now. Give her a huge hug from me.
have a great holiday in paradise!!